Category of Articles
- A - Accoutrements (part of uniform, belt, pouch, uniform tins)
- B - Books
- C - Collectibles (silver trays, cups, etc) also called "curios"
- E - Equipment (cooking stove, horse blankets)
- F - Flags, colors, standards
- H - Headdress
- I - Insignia (cap badges, collar badges, rank badges)
- M - Musical instruments (drums, bugles, drum major's maces)
- O - Orders, decorations, medals (won, not symbols of rank) Orders are granted ranks (O.B.E., C.B.E, etc.); Decorations are for gallantry or distinguished service; Medals are for commemorating specific events, participation in a battle
- P - Pictures (prints, paintings)
- U - Uniforms (jacket/tunic, waistcoat, shirts, gloves, pants, socks/hose, shoes
- V - Vehicles (not represented in this collection)
- W - Weapons
Bold categories indicate large numbers represented in the collection.
If you want to let us know your areas of interest or research, you can email us by clicking the email address below.